Re: gnome-terminal hogging CPU ?

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 10:10:21AM -0400, Joseph E. Sacco, PhD wrote:
> Hmm....
>
> (1) What are the characteristics of your hardware platform?

Dual 1.7Ghz Xeon, 2G ram, Matrox G400, Adaptec AIC-7899 Ultra 160 w/
18G-ish local storage.

> (2) Which "theme" are you using?

Clearlooks.

> (3) What was the performance like with earlier versions of GNOME?

Never seen any problems.  gnome-terminal was always up there in terms
of utilization, but certainly not as bad as it is now.

> I see that gnome-terminal is a single-process that controls all of
> the terminal windows that are open.  I also see a CPU usage "spike",
> albeit short in duration [on my system], when a new window/tab is
> opened.

This may have been an isolated incident, possibly related to something
bad that screen was doing.  Things seem to be behaving more sanely
now..

Ah well, that's what happens when I panic before having my coffee..

	Thanks,

	John A.