Re: Q: How to build garnome-2.12.1 under Fedora Core 4 (dbus/monodoc issues)?

Am Samstag, den 08.10.2005, 22:41 -0400 schrieb Joseph E. Sacco, PhD:

> Once upon a time, mono/beagle required dbus-sharp. The post-install
> target was added mono/mono to insure that dbus-sharp would be built if
> it did not already exist.

Ah... good to know the origin of this.

> The simplest thing to do to get you going is first build dbus without
> any of the mono dependencies.

Just doing that... and sofar it seems to work out ok.

	I commented out the mono-related lines from the dbus-garballs Makefile
and also added --disable-mono and --disable-mono-doc to the arguments to
pass to the configure-run.

> When I get some free cycles I will explore the consequences of building
> GARNOME in the presence of a pre-existing mono-stack [which is a known
> problem].

Yeah, that would be really great!

> The major issue to resolve is whether or not to use a pre-existing
> mono-stack. The current thinking has been *not* to use a pre-existing
> mono-stack to insure that GARNOME builds a mono-stack that is always
> "appropriate" for the GARNOME mono-based applications.

This sounds like a totally sane approach to me.

Best regards...

MacSlow

--
Mirco "MacSlow" M�<macslow bangang de>