Re: Q: How to build garnome-2.12.1 under Fedora Core 4 (dbus/monodoc issues)?

Once upon a time, mono/beagle required dbus-sharp. The post-install
target was added mono/mono to insure that dbus-sharp would be built if
it did not already exist.

The simplest thing to do to get you going is first build dbus without
any of the mono dependencies.

As to "who is to blame for this ugliness?"  I am... [:-)]

When I get some free cycles I will explore the consequences of building
GARNOME in the presence of a pre-existing mono-stack [which is a known
problem].

The major issue to resolve is whether or not to use a pre-existing
mono-stack. The current thinking has been *not* to use a pre-existing
mono-stack to insure that GARNOME builds a mono-stack that is always
"appropriate" for the GARNOME mono-based applications.

If you take a look at the GARNOME Makefile for dbus, you can see how you
might resolve this issue by setting additional CONFIGURE_ARGS based on
the presence or absence of package configuration files.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net