Q: How to build garnome-2.12.1 under Fedora Core 4 (dbus/monodoc issues)?

Greetings everybody!

	I've got mono (monodoc etc.) installed system-wide on my Fedora Core 4
box. This leads to a failure of the install make-target of the
dbus-garball. During the configure-stage it finds the
system-wide /usr/bin/monodoc and later (install-stage) tries to install
stuff in /usr/lib/monodoc/sources, which is certainly != my set
install-directory of...

	/opt/garnome-2.12.1

which I stated in gar.conf.mk. Of course it fails to install anything
in /usr/lib/monodoc/sources because I'm running this as a special
build-user as advised in the garnome-docs, who dosen't a have the needed
write-permissions for this.

	Trying to force the installation of all the mono-bits from
the ./garnome-2.12.1/mono directory leads to the very same issues. The
dependency-chain runs me into the same issue with dbus again. I think
commenting those mono-related lines in the Makefile of the dbus-garball
and adding --disable-mono-doc and --disable-mono to the arguments passed
to configure isn't the wisest idea either. So who's to blame for this
ugliness? ;-)

Thanks in advance for your time and kind advice!

Best regards...

MacSlow

--
Mirco "MacSlow" M�<macslow bangang de>