Streaming audio: GNOME-2.10.1.1 previews of coming attractions

Andrew <virgule88 videotron ca>  identified

	http://www.shoutcast.com

as a source for streaming audio that could be played using XMMS.

I am currently running the GNOME-2.10.1.1 desktop, built using GARNOME,
so I thought I would go take a look and see what happens using the
latest GNOME desktop.

I used the epiphany-1.6.3 web browser, which was built on top of the
firefox-1.0.3 backend, to connect to shoutcast.com. I selected  a "Tune
In!" button for "Classical Guitar Radio from Phoenix,AZ" and clicked it,
which brought up the configuration dialog for the Rhythmbox-0.8.8 music
player,

        [taken from the HELP doc]
        Music Player is a ID3 organized, music library and player for
        your MP3, FLAC or Ogg/Vorbis music files.

        Current Music Player features include:

              * Play MP3, FLAC or Ogg/Vorbis music files from your ID3
                organized Library.
              * Display information on the songs through meta-data
                reading.
              * Display songs in an organized view.
              * Create playlist by dragging and dropping from the
                Library view.
              * Search for entries in the Library.
              * Listen to Internet radio stations.

Once configured, Rhythmbox displayed an entry for "Classical Guitar
Radio from Phoenix,AZ" under the Radio Source. I clicked the "play"
button and began listening to "Villa Lobos-Prelude No. 4(Williams)".

Life is good...

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net