Re: Unable to start GARNOME properly after install

Hi,

Sorry about that. That was dumb. I thought I was sending to the list
and didn't notice.
I recompiled garnome from scratch. Like last time,
gnome-volume-manager and ximian-connector did not compile. Besides
that everything else went smoothly. On starting gnome after adding the
garnome startup script, gnome-panel quits unexpectedly and I get the
following in the .xsession-errors file

+++-----
SESSION_MANAGER=local/valhalla:/tmp/.ICE-unix/2982
Window manager warning: Failed to read theme from file
/home/bad/garnome/share/themes/Clearlooks/metacity-1/metacity-theme-1.xml:
Failed to open file
'/home/bad/garnome/share/themes/Clearlooks/metacity-1/metacity-theme-1.xml':
No such file or directory
Window manager warning: Failed to load theme "Clearlooks": Failed to
open file '/home/bad/garnome/share/themes/Clearlooks/metacity-1/metacity-theme-1.xml':
No such file or directory
+++------
Also, the bottom panel is working fine, but the top one hangs.

Following is the directory listing for the Clearlooks theme directory
+++------
bash-2.05b$ ls -l garnome/share/themes/Clearlooks/
total 44
drwxr-xr-x    2 bad      bad          4096 May 19 19:05 gtk-2.0
-rw-r--r--    1 bad      bad         39106 May 19 16:24 metacity-theme-1.xml
+++------

I went through the compile logs, and did not find any error relating
to Clearlooks or themes in general. Would it be okay if I move the
metacity-theme-1.xml into the correct path?

The new garnome was compiled and installed to the home directory of
the user without any prior startup files.

Thanks a lot for looking into this.
-badhri