Re: 2.10.0.1 Application "nautilus" has quit unexpectedly

Hi all,

> a) removing any references to .recently-used files in your home or
> GARNOME directories, this has caused issues for a few people that went
> from 2.8.2 to 2.10.0.1 -- and looking at Bugzilla,

Removing .recently-used files has also helped after trying OpenOffice
2.0 (preview) several weeks ago. Just after installing OOo and trying to
 open some document (from Nautilus), nautilus has died.

I've straced the nautilus process and after some hints I discovered,
that when I remove .recently-used file, everything is ok.

Was there some change in .recently-used file format?

> c) restarting gconfd as per the FAQ question, either quit X (and any
> stale X processes, GNOME apps, etc.), and run 'gconftool-2 --shutdown'
> from the prompt.
>
> (or rebooting, which does about the same thing)

Only one note for running gconftool-2: if you're using customized
xsession script or gdm-script or something what is NOT in .profile,
.bashrc etc.... : you need to set proper PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH for
you current GNOME before you're running gconftool-2.

Otherwise you may start gconftool-2 from you distribution (happened to
me many times ;)

Regards,
IVan
--
  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.