Re: menu editing in gnome-2.10.x: continued...

guenther wrote:
As a measure of success, I used the tool to add a member to the
Applications / Internet menu for firefox.

Looking at the source code, I see some hard-coded paths in "menu-editor"

	/usr/share/applications
	/usr/share/pixmaps

As there is an installer which takes the $prefix as argument, this must
not be hard coded. (I guess Ubuntu uses this $prefix... ;)

Joseph, how did you install it? Did you use the setup.py script at all?

The first hard-coded path (/usr/share/applications) is only applicable if the user running menu-editor is root. Otherwise ~/.local/menus is used. Look at lines 363 and following in menu-editor.
/usr/share/pixmaps is only used to set the initial path for the dialog when choosing an icon for a menu item.

Doug.