Re: Problem with nautlius on garnome-2.10.0.1

> > I'm trying to build garnome on a custom system (long ago, it was
> > debian stable. Almost everything has been rebuilt.) And nautilus keeps
> > failing to configure. It's trying to find libexif, and though I have
> > pkg-config, libexif-0.5.12 and 0.6.12, I keep getting the following
> > error:
>
> Or build the missing dependency from source.

I did build from source.

> So, do you have the .pc file? (You might want to search the entire disk
> beginning at / rather than /usr/lib/ as I did.)
>
> $ find /usr/lib/ -name "libexif*.pc*"
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libexif.pc

I do have the .pc in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig, and "pkg-config
--modversion libexif" returns the version number. I've tried building
and installing both 0.5.12 and 0.6.12, with no difference

> HTH
>
> ...guenther

Thanks much, but I'm still stuck. My gut feeling is that there's
something wrong with the configure file, either it's "losing" my
PKG_CONFIG_PATH when it runs, or it's mucking up the command that it
runs when trying to use pkg-config, but I'm not experienced enough
with autoconf to even know where to begin.

Marti