PI - Some weird things - help, modem-lights, gnome-system-tools

Hey people, some strange things are happening here on my Gnome-2.10
(garnome-2.10.01):

1) The gnome-panel help, called from the right click menu, can't be shown. When
I try to see it, there's a crash with a box saying: "could not load section -
The section ?gospanel-5? does not exist in this document. If you were directed
to this section from a Help button in an application, please report this to the
maintainers of that application."

2) Where is the gnome-panel applet modem-lights????

3) Gnome-system-tools are unacessible to me. When I call them, "network", for
example, its window opens, but the machine keeps thinking, frozen, and I have
to kill the window. I can't reach its content. Therefore, I have to go into the
internet through a terminal, it's not too easy...

I deleted gnome-volume-manager, epiphany (I've already had firefox-1.0.1) and
ximian-connector before building, and then I've made a "make install".
Everything went well, despite the libgnomesu which asked me root password (I
thought it was normal). Anyone has an idea about the source of these problems??

Thanx,

PI