Re: PI - Some weird things - help, modem-lights, gnome-system-tools

> Hey people, some strange things are happening here on my Gnome-2.10
> (garnome-2.10.01):
>
> 1) The gnome-panel help, called from the right click menu, can't be shown. When
> I try to see it, there's a crash with a box saying: "could not load section -
> The section ‘gospanel-5’ does not exist in this document.

The same for me. :-/

> If you were directed
> to this section from a Help button in an application, please report this to the
> maintainers of that application."

Did you do that already?

> 2) Where is the gnome-panel applet modem-lights????

Do you mean this one?
 Modem monitor 2.10.0
 Applet for activating and monitoring a dial-up network connection.

It is available in the Applets List for me, installed to
$prefix/libexec/modem_applet and is part of desktop/gnome-applets.

Please check, if you got those files.

> 3) Gnome-system-tools are unacessible to me. When I call them, "network", for
> example, its window opens, but the machine keeps thinking, frozen, and I have
> to kill the window. I can't reach its content. Therefore, I have to go into the
> internet through a terminal, it's not too easy...

Maybe related to the one above?

> I deleted gnome-volume-manager, epiphany (I've already had firefox-1.0.1) and
> ximian-connector before building, and then I've made a "make install".

Removing those packages is ok and should not cause any issues.

However, as you ran 'make install', there can be packages remaining
unbuilt, which can cause issues. Please make sure you got everything
built by running 'make paranoid-install' in the desktop/ directory.

> Everything went well, despite the libgnomesu which asked me root password (I
> thought it was normal). Anyone has an idea about the source of these problems??

Yes, this is normal and necessary during installation of libgnomesu.

...guenther