Re: gnome-python-extras: revisited

> > For example, if the build starts off in the bindings directory,
> > gnome-python-extras for:
> > * gtksourceview
> > * gdl
> > * totem
> > * gtop
> > * nautilusburn
> > * gda
> >
> > will *not* be built.
>
> Nasty.

Oh, damn! Good catch, Joseph, yet again. :)

Guess it's time to break with the old habit of building platform and
bindings entirely, before even starting to build desktop... :-/

> I guess, as a short term solution (because all the dependencies reside
> in directories that should be completely built), making LIBDEPS say:
>
> LIBDEPS = platform/gtk+ platform/gnome-vfs desktop/gtksourceview
> desktop/totem desktop/libgtop desktop/nautilus-cd-burner
> bindings/gnome-python
>
> Would work to cover all the options aside from gda, although i'm not
> nearly as keen to start depending on things from office/ geektoys/ or
> fifth-toe/ by default.

Neither am I. I never liked those forward/backward dependencies anyway,
effectively prohibiting a clean build order of the meta-garballs. With
all those dependencies, most meta-garballs are one big mess. <sarcasm>
What's the purpose of those different official GNOME categories again?
</sarcasm>

Well, guess we'll just have to deal with it...

IMHO it is "fine" to depend on garballs in platform, bindings and
desktop here. Not sure about fifth-toe and geektoys, even less about
office. But as it is gda only, maybe...

Paul, what about this:

* add commented out LIBDEPS dependencies to gnome-python-extras for the
  latter ones (the nasty ones)
* add a check to *rebuild* gnome-python-extras to the Makefiles of the
  latter garballs, just as we did for mono already

I am totally aware that this will result in multiple rebuilds of
gnome-python-extras for the default build (if all those extra garballs
are built at least, which is not the average case). But since we got
nasty dependencies like this...

...guenther