Re: No menus or icons with 2.9.4.1

Hello,

I encounter the same problem. However, I do have icons. Note that I remember making 'clean' in both bootstrap/ and desktop/ because I was having problems with the hicolor icon theme that was not found. After everything was clean, build went fine. So, at the end, I have icons but no GNOME menu whatsoever.

Note : seeing what the whole UI is (both GTK and menus) on 2.9.4.1, I really think it's not usable to day-to-day work. I'm sticking to 2.8.2.1 for now.

Vincent

John Affleck wrote:
So I sucessfully installed 2.9.4.1 on a much abused RH 7.1 system,
after dealing with a fatal intltool problem and a missing extern "C"
for Xinerama in firefox, and sprinkling --with-mozilla=firefox
liberally through the Makefiles, but I'm left with no menus and no
icons.  Everything looks like it installed correctly, and I'm guessing
it's an XDG_DATA_* problem.  However, XDG_DATA_DIRS/XDG_DATA_HOME look
correct - they both point to <garnome-install-root>/share, which was
correct for 2.8.0, which is what I'm currently running.  Any ideas on
what else to check ?  update-desktop-database/update-mime-database
don't seem to help either..

	Thanks,

	John A.

--