Re: Cannot rebuild GARNOME after a make clean at toplevel

Hello GARNOMErs,

Paul Drain wrote:
[...]
Actually, for what you are trying to achieve, altering gar.gnome.mk and
changing the line:

CONFIGURE_ARGS += --disable-debug --disable-tests

to:

CONFIGURE_ARGS += --enable-debug --enable-tests

would probably also be worthwhile :)
Yes, enabled. At the time I was not sure was they did so did not want to
bother with them since, to me, putting -g was all that was needed to
have full stack traces.

[...]
The fixup: code in GAR is told to find $(GARNOME)/bin/libtoolize, which
wouldn't exist in your new tree, unless you've run 'make clean' in
bootstrap/libtool first -- if you haven't done this, the cookies we use
would have already told GAR that libtool has already been built -- and
thus, don't build it again.
Thank you for that explanation. Things are much clearer now. I also
forgot that bootstrap/ stands on its own in GARNOME (hence the need to
make clean in it as well).

I also have installed and enabled ccache (very easy). Will see how it
goes...

Thanks to all of you for your help,

Vincent

[...]