Re: Garnome-2.8.0 unusually CPU hungry?

Tobias Ottmar wrote:
Thanks for your replies,
well, I'm running the 2.6.7 version of the fedora core 2 kernel and my
hdparms are set to full performance.
I also have KDE and GNOME-2.6 installed here and in both environments, I
have absolutely no problems! It's only Garnome-2.8 that makes trouble.
For the moment, as a workaround, I switch to a normal linux console (ALT
+F?) and compile there. Compiling in a garnome-console gives the
described problems...

Do you have the composite extension on in X? I noticed my system performance slow to a crawl due to incompatibilities with Gnome2.8 combined with composite, even when the xcompmgr wasn't running.

--Pat