suggestion on improving the build-process

I'm using garnome to build GNOME 2.8 on Slackware. When using garnome, the
build process is often halted when some dependency is not met.
Since the build process typically takes a many hours to complete,
such interruptions during the build process means that I can't just start
building, and come back when the build is complete.

There are severeal ways to improve this situation, (I'm sure someone are
aware of others?): Fixing the dependencies before the build-process is
one. Another is, if a compile-error is detected, to continue building
other garnome packages if the package which failed was not "mandatory" by
some definition. Garnome could still produce a working GNOME-system, even
if for example GnomeMeeting is not compiled. (no offence to gnomemeeting
:) At the end of the garnome build, I could then decide if I want to go
back and fix the remaining build errors.

Some kind of improvement like this, would make me like garnome even more!

Andreas Røsdal