Re: 4th time's the charm?

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 10:27 -0400, Matt Rose wrote:
> Weird error compiling dbus, that eventually resolved itself, by compiling
> dbus 3 times.
>
> first pass, I get:
>
> no connector.h > connector.moc
> /bin/sh: line 1: no: command not found
>
> next pass, I get
>
> no integrator.h > integrator.moc
> /bin/sh: line 1: no: command not found
>
> then the third pass I get
>
> no server.h > server.moc
> /bin/sh: line 1: no: command not found
>
> and then the compile goes through normally
>
> It's in the qt/Makefile.am, and I seem to remember .moc files being
> something that's associated with qt, so I'm not really worried too much,
> but I would really like to know how this "fixed" itself.

Looks like the Qt bindings needed to auto-generate headers from
their .moc files.  Looks like each pass generated the headers after the
make file could not find them but instead of continuing with the compile
it just exited.  After each pass the header files were then available so
after all the header files were available the compile was able to
complete.

--
John (J5) Palmieri
Associate Software Engineer