Re: Mime-types ?

> don't know why the problem was there to begin with, though...

Well, according to the initial MIME mapping proposal
(http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/xdg/2004-July/004140.html - in the
'Caching' section), update-desktop-database needs to be run after the
desktop file is installed. From a GARNOME point of view, I think that
there's a 'post-install' section in the Makefiles? Perhaps the command
can be placed there[*]?

 - Darren

[*]admittedly, I haven't used GARNOME in a number of months now, so
correct me if I'm wrong about that section...