Re: Evolution 2.0.2 feedback : lots of crashes and problems + how to generate a backtrace?

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 17:28 +0200, Vincent Rubiolo wrote:

> Do any of you guys have the same problems? Evo is great but this renders the
> application useless.

I used to get a lot of connector crashes but those got fixed with the
new libsoup released with evolution 2.0.2.

> I also looked a little on Ximian bugzilla. Bugs often include a backtrace of the
> crash (very useful) but I do not know how to generate such data (it does not
> seem that Evo is leaving a core file somewhere ...)

Attach gdb to the evolution-2.0 process, and disable gdb stopping
whenever you get a SIGPIPE, and disable scrolling by gdb:

# gdb -p `/sbin/pidof evolution-2.0`
(gdb) handle SIGPIPE nostop
(gdb) set height 0
(gdb) cont

When evolution crashes, go to gdb and type "thread apply all bt" to
generate the stack trace.

Raul