Re: Rebuild GARNOME _WITHOUT_ redownloading everything

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 03:06:57PM +0200, Vincent Rubiolo wrote:
> Hello to all GARNOMers,
>

> Yesterday I encountered several errors while building GARNOME 2.8. It ended up
> having the Makefiles not finding stdio.h and glib.h and includes like these.
> Before posting a bug report, I wanted to ensure it was reproducible hence fired
> up a 'make clean'.
> While everything was smoothly purified, I am wondering how to build with
> packages already downloaded :
> + I gathered the archives with 'make garchive'
> + due to 'make clean', information about download is now gone (cookie/ and
> partial/ directories)
> + trying to 'make garchive' again began to redownload everything : not what I
> want
> + trying 'make checksum' gave nothing but a spitful of errors.
>
> This is why I ask for your help here. I delved a little into the Makefiles but
> could not find what to change (maybe add a test on the fetch target for already
> retrieved archives?).
> The posts I found on the archives deal with very old versions of GARNOME
> (0.something) and people are advised to do a 'make garchive'.
>
> To sum up, my question is : how to build GARNOME if I did not downloaded the
> garballs/tarballs with 'make garchive' ?

Set the GARCHIVEDIR variable and run as usual. If that doesn't work,
something is seriously wrong. When Garnome tries to find the required
tarballs, it looks in the GARCHIVEDIR first, then tries the download
locations. So assuming the tarballs are in the GARCHIVEDIR, it shouldn't
download anything.

make garchive is used to copy (or rather hardlink I think) the
downloaded tarballs to GARCHIVEDIR.

Hope that helps,
Jens