Rebuild GARNOME _WITHOUT_ redownloading everything

Hello to all GARNOMers,

Yesterday I encountered several errors while building GARNOME 2.8. It ended up
having the Makefiles not finding stdio.h and glib.h and includes like these.
Before posting a bug report, I wanted to ensure it was reproducible hence fired
up a 'make clean'.
While everything was smoothly purified, I am wondering how to build with
packages already downloaded :
+ I gathered the archives with 'make garchive'
+ due to 'make clean', information about download is now gone (cookie/ and
partial/ directories)
+ trying to 'make garchive' again began to redownload everything : not what I
want
+ trying 'make checksum' gave nothing but a spitful of errors.

This is why I ask for your help here. I delved a little into the Makefiles but
could not find what to change (maybe add a test on the fetch target for already
retrieved archives?).
The posts I found on the archives deal with very old versions of GARNOME
(0.something) and people are advised to do a 'make garchive'.

To sum up, my question is : how to build GARNOME if I did not downloaded the
garballs/tarballs with 'make garchive' ?

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,

Vincent