Printing with 2.8.0 is busted ?

I've just finished updating my redhat 7.1 based system to
garnome-2.8.0 from a relatively happy 2.6.0.  Everything went fine
(aside from an Xinerama header issue in mozilla), but now I find I
can't print from any of the usual gnome apps (evolution, gedit).
Which is a little disappointing.  Some background:

RH 7.1 on an i386 w/ GCC3.2
CUPS 1.1.10 installed on root, 1.1.21 installed 'locally'
I don't have root access
2.6.0 'worked fine'. lpr still works fine.

Now if I run gedit and try and print, I get nothing except:
"lpr: unable to print file: client-error-not-found"

If I print a test page from gnome-cups-manager, I get the header, but
no content (dunno if this is right or not).

My suspicion (based on some random googling) is that the printer name
database is screwed up, but I have no idea where it lives.

Any ideas as to where to start at least ?

	Thanks,

	John A.

PS - Kudos to Paul - Possibly one of the least painful garnome builds in
a while - nice job!