Re: Update patch for Garnome-2.9.1

Hi Stef,

> 1 The freedesktop updates

These were in the arch repositories already ...

> 2 Updates to Gaim, conglomorate, gftp, mozilla, libxklavier, gnome-mag,
> firestarter, gimp, totem, xchat

... as are these, now :)

(except for libxlavier, which I can't get to compile against
control-center -- hopefully a new version will fix that)

> 3 Yelp seems to require mozilla to compile successfully. Or am I only
> only one who needs this package

There was a patch floating around the list to get Yelp compiling with
Firefox -- you might want to try the attachment in
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/garnome-list/2004-November/msg00044.html

> 4 Some packages have added dependencies (yelp, nautilus-cd-burner etc.
> I've added these commented out but it's obvious if you check the
> makefiles that they are needed.

While i'm not going to apply the bootstrap/ parts of this patch (for the
obvious reasons around why we have a bootstrap/ in the first place),
i'll add the rest of it to the next round of builds.

If you wanted to, you could prepare just the bootstrap/ portion of the
patch and have it as a third-party patch -- that'd be handy for users
who have become stuck in the build process because their distribution
lacks something that bootstrap/ has.

Bob, could you host such a patch on GARNOME-Extras? If I put the
relevant pointer in the documentation?

> I hope you will enjoy this patch.

Keep up the good work, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul