Re: RFC: The new, improved README / FAQ file (version 2)

> Always interested -- is there much difference between the standard *ix
> 'build tools' (as, ld, a compiler, make and wget) and the Solaris
> ones?

First, you need to install the GNU tools. Some are already installed.
You nede to use gmake instead of make etc.

ld (solaris linker) had many problems when compiling GNOME from Garnome.
Things have changes, now it is ok, but many programs don't support
non-GNU ld. I have some patches for those programs.

Unfortunately, some programs (sodipodi?) can be linked only with GNU
linker.

This is all about linker parameters, nothing else.

So, I will send a list of bootstrap and pre-bootstrap packages that have
to be installed. I'm installing even more packages in bootstrap, just to
be sure the libs are ok and contain translations etc.

Just give me some time, I'm now stucked in Garnome compilation ;)

V.
--
  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.