Re: can I seperate the build and install process with garnome?

Hi,

> I'd like to have the option of just building the source without
> installing it. The reason being that I would like to install over
> existing gnome installation. So I'd like to do a make, then shutdown
> gnome, and do a make install, and restart with the new gnome (build via
> garnome).
> Can someone give me some pointers on how I'd go about this?
> cheers,

I guess this will not work, because you need to build and INSTALL
libraries before you can build applications. Just look at the Makefile
of any app - there are dependencies in LIBDEPS, that have to be
satisfied (i.e. they have to be installed).

Why do you want to overwrite your existing installation???

Regards,
V.
--
  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.