Re: RFC: The new, improved README / FAQ file

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 21:52, Paul Drain wrote:
> > libjpeg-devel-6b -> libjpeg-devel
>
> are you sure?
>
> 'rpm -qa | grep jpeg' on a stock RH9 box gives:
>
> libjpeg-6b-26
> libjpeg-devel-6b-26

Yup, everything after the -devel is the version number. I know it's a
weird version number.

> > XFree86-libs -> (it's a deps of XFree86-devel)
>
> Again, RH9 doesn't seem to think so.

I just checked it and you're right. It doesn't list it as a dependency.

> > libtool-devel -> Doesn't exist (You probably want libtool)

Actually, I think that should probably be libtools-libs which in turn
deps on libtool.

> I wasn't going to put mozilla-devel in (or mozilla-nss-devel) because
> the versions you _should_ be compiling against are in bootstrap/
> anyway :)

Well, mozilla in bootstrap isn't built by default and I'm assuming that
any version of mozilla including and newer than 1.4 (maybe even 1.2
and/or 1.3) should work. And since epiphany requires mozilla than it
should be listed as a deps.

Bob

--
Bob Kashani