unable to start garnome

Hi All,

After lots of learning and help from several of you I got Garnome to compile.  I've tried several ways of getting it start now but no luck.

The original distro is Mandrake 10 Community, kernel 2.6.3 on i686.  I've tried using the script in the GARNOME instructions, put it in a .xinitrc and .xsessions, both in $HOME with no success.  I found something on the web about putting it in /etc/gdm/Sessions but I don't have a /etc/gdm directory.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose the problem and get it starting?  Would the .xsessions-errors file help at all? I'm new at this.

Thanks

Jim

Jim Maas
jamaas btinternet  com