Re: FYI: garnome/gnome-session splash pic patch does not work

Hi again,

> > But the patch won't succeed unless you have gnome-session 2.5.2, because the
> > patch uses "gnome-session-2.5.2" directory, which does not exist in Garnome
> > 2.5.91 (or more precisely, in any Garnome since Gnome 2.5.2)
>
> Wrong. Patch does not need an exact dir path to succeed. As long as the
> path is close enough it should be able to guess correctly. I have not
> heard anyone complain that the patch has failed for them. It worked for
> me just fine *as-is*. What error did you get when you were compiling
> gnome-session?

I will double check this. Didn't occure to me, it's -p1 patch. Was too
late at night, sorry.

> There is no gnome-session.schemas.in.in??? There is a
> gnome-session.schemas.in though. That's what got patched.

Might be difference between older (2.4 based) and new gnome-session. As
I noted, I have two builds: 2.4.x on Sol9 and 2.6beta on Linux. The
problems I had are from 2.4 based Sol build.
-rw-rw-r--   1 root     other      72464 Mar 16 14:00
gnome-session.schemas
-rw-rw-r--   1 root     other       2685 Mar 16 13:59
gnome-session.schemas.in
-rw-rw-r--   1 root     other       2669 Mar 16 13:58
gnome-session.schemas.in.in

But never mind.

> Mozilla is listed as a dependency. It is not the fault of garnome that

Never wrote anything about Garnome's fault.

> your distro provides a mozilla package that is incomplete and missing
> the nss header files. You should file a bug with Mandrake.

I can't install newest Mozilla from Mandrake's RPM if I can't (won't)
use Cooker packages. So I have to rebuild Moz from sources.

I have mentioned this as other users might want to compile moz from
Garnome to let them know and that's all.

> It would be a pain to provide disk usage for every package that is not
> installed by default. Compiling, especially --with-debug turned on eats
> lots of disk space.

:) but mozilla is "a special case" in space eating, don't you think?

V.
--
  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.