FYI: garnome/gnome-session splash pic patch does not work

Hello,

first of all, this is only a minor bug, or inconvenience rather than a bug.
Anyway:

look at gnome-session Makefile. There is a patch mentioned in Makefile
(default-splash.diff) which changes the default splash screen when logging to
Garnome. The picture is downloaded and copied to the work directory.

But the patch won't succeed unless you have gnome-session 2.5.2, because the
patch uses "gnome-session-2.5.2" directory, which does not exist in Garnome
2.5.91 (or more precisely, in any Garnome since Gnome 2.5.2)

I have noticed the same incovenience in older Garnome too.

Solution: simple. Change version numbers in default-splash.diff by hand.

Eventualy, the patch should be updated before each Garnome is released.

Also, when I did repatch for my older Garnome, I had to patch against
gnome-session.schemas.in.in instead of gnome-session.schemas.in as provided in
the patch to get it work. I couldn't test this today with G2.5.91, as I'm
short in disk space and must use clean after each install :( Could someone
test this? Thanks.

Regards,
VIX

p.s. building Mozilla 1.6 (from Garnome) on Linux (MDK9.1) takes 1.5G of disk
space. Even if I disable mailnews and other components and use BUILD_CLEAN=1,
this is the very _minimal_ space you need to have on disk to build it. And if
you build and install on the same partition, you need 1.7-2GB. Grrrr. Should
be mentioned in README since Mozilla is needed for Epi or Galeon anyway.

Good night to all,
--

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.