Re: 2.6 beta what to do?

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 19:53 -0500, adam wrote:

> So do we wait for the garnome scripts to update or what is the best way
> about editing these files so we get the latest gnome release?
>
> thanks

I've bumped the version numbers in the Makefiles up to match those in
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/desktop/2.5/2.5.90/sources/

and a couple of others (gnome-vfs iirc) to 2.5.90.1 versions to get past
some odd errors seemingly gtk-related.

It's time consuming (I hope Jeff has scripts to do that kinda work for
him!), but an easy task.  Unfortunately I'm having gstreamer issues, so
I wouldn't be comfortable posting a patch until I know it works.

If you want to try yourself, just change the GARVERSION line in the
relevant makefiles for each package in the release, and run 'make
makesums' to update the checksum.

Just don't expect the changes to live up to Jeff's releases. I've
discovered not to underestimate how much work goes into making them
work.

HTH,
  Shaun
(running 2.6.0-beta1 but hoping for a new garnome so it actually
works :o)