no image previews with 0.30.1

Hello,

  I recently upgraded from Garnome 0.29.1 to Garnome 0.30.1, and ran into
some issues with Nautilus.  Specifically, when viewing directories of
images, I no longer get previews.  For example, in a directory with a few
jpg's from my digital camera, they properly have a JPG icon, and if I
right click and look at properties they are of type "JPEG image".

  In File Management Preferences, the preview tag is set to create
previews on "Local Files Only" for all file types.  I tried switching to
"Always", but this didn't help.  I also increased the "Only for files
smaller than" setting in the "Other Previewable Files" section to 1GB just
to be sure, but again this didn't help.

  I have set my XDG_DATA_DIRS environment variable (to "$GARNOME/share").
I'm wondering what else I might have missed?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
 -Jeremy

--