Problem to compile gnome-speech drivers

Hello all,

since a few days I try to compile gnome-speech and want it to detect and
compile properly the DECtalk driver which is a proprietary Text to
speech engine.
Unfortunatly the compilation seems to be perfect but when I try to use
gnome-speech I see that the DECtalk driver hasn't been compiled at all.
to be more precise the DECtalk libraries are located in the
/usr/local/lib directory and the DECtalk .h files are in
/usr/local/include/dtk. So I think during the built some files are not
seen ? But i don't know how to indicate precisely to garnome where these
files are located. Perhaps I must modify the gar.conf.mk file located in the
garnome-0.29.1 top level directory but I don't know how to modify it in
order to solve the problem.
I ever tried to initialize the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PKG_CONFIG_PATH
environment variables to include path to DECtalk libraries and .h files
but no success !
so please if you have an idea ? thx in
advance,

--