Re: 0.29.1 font troubles...

hi,

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 12:24:16PM +0100, Danilo Segan wrote:

>> it's even weirder than that. fc-list now shows the font, as does
>> fslsfonts. xlsfonts still doesn't.

> xlsfonts cannot and shouldn't display it: fontconfig/Xft is entirely
> separate mechanism from the oldfashioned one in X.

but it does now... i guess that's correct behaviour, because although
the mechanisms may be different, they use the same font-files (those in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/). why there was a discrepancy between xlsfonts
and fslsfonts (which use the same mechanism afaik), i don't know...
font-usage under X is still a bit of a mystery to me :)

>> http://tech-no-logical.demon.nl/trace/

> You seem to be using your X provided Xft libraries.

that's correct. and i still do. don't know where exactly it went wrong
the first time, but a complete re-compile of garnome fixed it.

> to install ones from garnome/bootstrap -- but this /may/ require
> reinstalling the entire Garnome, because you want apps to link
> against these libraries, and there are sometimes strange breakages
> because of, uhm, bugs :)

that's true allright... this one whas just a bit harder to pin down than
usual...

--
CUL8R, Peter.