Re: 0.29.1 font troubles...

hi,

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 10:57:14AM +0100, Peter Blokland wrote:

> > > ** (gnome-session:29584): WARNING **: Cannot open font file for font
> > > Bitstream Vera Sans 10

> > Also, Gnome uses new font architecture for a long time, so you want to
> > try "fc-list" to check whether Vera is available ('fc-list Vera').

> it's there allright. system-wide, per-user or strictly
> garnome-environment, it's always there...

some more tracing showed me that things had gone awry during building.
libraries built for garnome-0.28.2 (using it as my desktop) were used
by dynamic-linking apps built for 0.29.1. somehow the way i used to separate
the used/building environments doesn't work anymore.

normally, the destination of any garnome build is set to
'~/garnome-$VERSION-compile', which is later symlinked to '~/garnome'
when in use. in the past, this worked well, and i could build a new
garnome while still using the old one. but now, things seem to get
mixed up. haven't really figured out why.

i'm building a fresh one as i type, having first made sure any reference
to the old garnome is gone (especially in $PATH, $LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
$PKG_CONFIG_PATH). if that doesn't fix it, i'll probably be back :)

--
CUL8R, Peter.