Re: How to start Garnome? :-s

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 23:29, Tom wrote:
> So I wonder: how can I have this new user starting a desktop environment
> properly compiled and installed in his own home directory?

There numerous references in the mailing list archive. In  a nutshell:
Create the script as in the README, name it Garnome or something, put it
in /etc/gdm/Sessions, make it executable (chmod +x
/etc/gdm/Sessions/Garnome). That's probably the step you missed, since
it's not in the README. On the gdm login screen, choose Garnome as the
session type.

Or, if you want to use startx, put it in $HOME and name it .xinitrc.

Regards, Mario