Re: Is gnome 2.6 supposed to be gcc 2.95 compatible?

Hi Stef, Andre,

Yesterday at 20:51, Stef van der Made wrote:

> I would try to upgrade to the latest stable release of gcc beeing
> 3.3.3/3.3.4 I'm not sure which is out at the moment. I've been able to
> compile all packages successfully since the releae of
> gcc-3.2.x. Posting bugs on gcc-2.95.x sounds a bit outdated to me.

It's not "outdated".  Please *DO* post any bugs about GCC 2.95
compilation issues you come across (preferably with patches) on
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/.

We're actually talking about features introduced with C99 standard,
and it's still fairly new -- systems other than GNU tend to be a bit
more behind, so these issues would come up there as well.

And these changes are entirely cosmetic, and far from essential, so
it's better to support more systems rather than less (and this
requires very little work).

FWIW, I haven't found any GCC 2.95 errors during my latest compile
(around 2.6.0 time, didn't find time to do it again recently).

Cheers,
Danilo