Re: Is gnome 2.6 supposed to be gcc 2.95 compatible?

Dear Andre,

I would try to upgrade to the latest stable release of gcc beeing 3.3.3/3.3.4 I'm not sure which is out at the moment. I've been able to compile all packages successfully since the releae of gcc-3.2.x. Posting bugs on gcc-2.95.x sounds a bit outdated to me.

Cheers

Stef

Andre Schaefer wrote:

Hello,

is it still the case that all packages in garnome should compile with gcc 2.95? I build on debian woody and that uses still the 2.95 gcc.

I get always a lot of errors related to variables not declared at the beginning of a block. This 2.95 specific issue is easy to fix, but makes a lot of work. Are these errors supposed to be accepted as bug reports?

What about the C++ bindings and packages like dasher? I assume they are not compatible at all.

This problem will be less serious when debian sarge will be released as stable some time this year, but meanwhile?

cheers,

* André