press kudos for garnome.

Interesting comment in a recent PCWorld article

http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,115411,00.asp

(Garnome provides an automated means of downloading and compiling
development versions of the Gnome desktop. You turn it loose and it spends
the next several hours alternatively sucking up your bandwidth and then
your CPU usage as it pulls down more and more code and compiles it for use
on your system. If all is well, when the process is done--perhaps the next
morning--you log in to a fresh, new Gnome.)

My only thought after reading this was; "I wish, for me it's always, watch
garnome like a hawk, waiting for it to break, look for the dependency that
I'm missing, either grab the dep, or make the offending bit compile
without the dependency, then start up make paranoid-install and wait for
it to break again"  :)

Matt Rose     mattrose folkwolf net    Visit my blog!  http://folkwolf.net
He's a fast talking moralistic grifter searching for his wife's true
killer. She's a virginal snooty mechanic with only herself to blame. They
fight crime!