Re: GARNOME 0.27.1 Patchset available

begin  Paul Drain  quotation:
> > > ( this patch also includes the Freetype kerning patch that was
> > > discussed on-list a week or so ago, which makes the subpixel
> > > font option much more readable on my 15" LCD )
> >
> > Are a lot of people seeing this?
>
> Not sure, the default fonts at 1024x768 are completely unreadable on
> the same monitor _without_ this patch though.

	Is this to solve that irritating thing where 2's and z's have
their diagonal strokes anti-aliased to nothingness?

> Having said that, the same setup works flawlessly on a myriad of CRT
> and TFT monitors here - so it could be a corner case for the
> freetype guys.

	I think this patch and bug should go upstream.  If GARNOME
applies patches and testers say "well, everything's fine!", then
wouldn't that defeat the purpose of it being a testing distribution?

	If it's broken, complain to the places where jeff gets this
stuff, using their hideously complicated bugzilla thing with the bug
filing forms overloaded like a Mexican fruit truck.

--
Support your droogs!

end