Re: GARNOME 0.27.1 Patchset available

<quote who="Paul Drain">

> Just incase anyone is interested, i've posted another _highly unofficial_
> patchset to GARNOME on my FTP site.

Elite, I'm adding some of these in for the next GARNOME release...

> * fix-bison-build : updates bison to 1.875 to solve pwlib compilation
> errors

Applied. (RH's bison doesn't work? This is really only here for platforms
that don't have bison at all...)

> * fix-glib-build : fixes glib 2.2.3 compilation with iconv from
> bootstrap/

Why are you using this on RH? I've added the =gnu, but left it commented. It
should only be required on 'odd' platforms.

> * update-gnome-garballs : updates a bunch of post-2.4 garballs in gnome/
>
> * update-office-garballs : updates gnome-office to 1.0

Present locally.

> * update-misc-garballs : adds a bunch of things Red Hat can't (or won't)
> provide RPMs for in misc/ (like gpgme and libmusicbrainz) and updates
> the dependancies for various garballs so you can build them in your
> GARNOME tree.

Not applied. ;-)

> * evolution-fixes : updates Evolution to 1.4.5 and re-enables
> gnome-pilot integration

Applied.

> * gtk+-fileselector : replaces the file selector with Hongli Lai's
> better looking one

Definitely not applied. ;-)

> * add-gnome-patches : adds a bunch of extra patches to ease compilation
> or to address crashes or bugs that have already been ACKed by various
> developers.

Not applied. Need to ensure patches are in and releases are out.

> ( this patch also includes the Freetype kerning patch that was discussed
> on-list a week or so ago, which makes the subpixel font option much more
> readable on my 15" LCD )

Are a lot of people seeing this?

> Then there are some optional patches for people interested
>
> * revert-nautilus-cd-burner : reverts 0.5.3 to the 0.5.0.1 stable
> release, which happens to work with my LG CD/DVD burner.

Applied, fuckup on my part, sorry!

> * revert-mozillaisms : adds mozilla as a build dependency to Epiphany,
> removes Galeon and changes the build dependencies for Mozilla to _only
> build the browser_ (and not composer, the mail client or anything else
> that Epiphany does not directly require)

Not applied. ;-)

> * redhat9-buildpatches : changes rpmcpio to use the system one and adds
> gdk-pixbuf so Red Hat's Bluecurve theme doesn't die trying to compile
> the gnome 1.x version.

I would very happily apply a patch that allowed any rpm2cpio-using garball
to 'prefer' a system installed one, if anyone feels like sorting this out.
That'd rock.

I don't *really* want to add gdk-pixbuf, 'cos it's 1.x-code, but it is kinda
cool being able to use the 1.x themeage if you're using 1.x stuff. If anyone
feels like doing the autofoo work to make redhat-artwork and ximian-artwork
selectively build the 1.x stuff, that would be very cool.

Thanks very much Paul!

       "In the beginning was the word, and the word was content-type:
                        text/plain" - Martin Schulze