Re: gnome-terminal color problems SOLVED

Jens Bech Madsen wrote:

I've noticed that I get no colors (LS_COLORS isn't set) in gnome-terminal unless I set the 'run command as login shell' -bit in 'edit profile->title and command'.

This is likely because you set up whatever you need to set up to get
colours in your .profile (or some other file which is only used for
login-shells). For bash look at the 'INVOCATION' part of the man page.

Exactly. I just meant that IMO it's easier to set that bit than try to figure out where exactly the exports should go to get them to non-login shells too. I'm lazy like that ;)

-aapi