Re: gnome-terminal color problems SOLVED

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 16:25, Peter J. Viglucci wrote:
> The LS_COLORS variable was not set on the user account. Doh! Thanks
> everybody.

OK, now that makes me wonder if there *IS* a bug.

You see, I just upgraded to Slackware-current (and GNOME 2.4) and
noticed that all of my gnome-terminals were not displaying ls colors
correctly. Turns out that LS_COLORS is "empty"--except that "eval
`dircolors -b` is still part of the Slackware /etc/profile. In the end,
I wound up modifying ~/.bashrc as a quick fix to enusre that LS_COLORS
is set for every bash shell. I figured it was a problem with my gdm
Xsessions (which I would track down eventually...)

Could be I need to do a more thorough analysis so I can file a proper
bug report.

Barthel
--
      ld_barthel yahoo com | http://geocities.com/ld_barthel

Friends don't let friends do Windows. Be a designated Penguin!