Re: Install Issues with 0.27.1

Jerry Talkington wrote:

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 08:55:55PM +0000, Mark Wilkinson wrote:
So I found out which package libsmbclient was shipped with (Samba) and downloaded the Samba source to /usr/src. I built Samba, making sure that I'd included the option to build the libsmbclient shared library in the configure command, and that the library files should be going into /usr/lib while the include files should be going into /usr/include. I then checked the /usr/include and /usr/lib folders to see if anything had been installed, but there was still nothing relating to 'smbclient' or 'libsmbclient'. I have tried three different releases of Samba:

What distro are you using?  There is usually a package for it...

I made a garnome Makefile for it, which was posted to the list.  You can
get it from the archive:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/garnome-list/2003-September/msg00363.html

I've built my system from scratch using Linux From Scratch (I'm an ex-Windows user and I figured build from scratch was the best way to learn) The only problem is that there's no nice and easy package install facility. I'll try the Makefile and let you know. It probably won't be until tomorrow though.

Thanks very much for your help, it's appreciated.

Mark