Re: Couple quick questions

   Peter,

   Evolution did not work for me either, nor did epiphany. Both died
with bonobo errors. I downloaded garnome-0.25.1 and did a make install
in the garnome-0.25.1/gnome/libbonobo directory and that fixed the
problem, with no side effects that I've seen yet. Following is the
error
that I was getting.. Hope this helps.

Bonobo-ERROR **: Attempt to instantiate non-Bonobo/Unknown derived
object via. BonoboObject
aborting...

--
Adam vonNieda
Peoplesoft DBA

>>> "Peter J. Viglucci" <pviglucci thunderassetmanagement com> 09/19/03
12:46PM >>>
Hi all. I downloaded and installed 2.4 without too much trouble but I
have a few usability questions. First, what happened to the nice colors

I used to have in gnome-terminal and how do i get them back. I'm forced

to pass the --color switch to ls but it's not the same. Also, a couple

of the reviews I read before installing mentioned that this release has

startup or launch notification when a program is executed from the
desktop. It doesn't look like I have it at all. Is there a setting I
need to adjust somewhere. Other than that, and the fact that evolution

doesn't work at all, I like this release (especially with the new file

selector patch mentioned earlier today). Thanks.

Pete