Couple quick questions

Hi all. I downloaded and installed 2.4 without too much trouble but I have a few usability questions. First, what happened to the nice colors I used to have in gnome-terminal and how do i get them back. I'm forced to pass the --color switch to ls but it's not the same. Also, a couple of the reviews I read before installing mentioned that this release has startup or launch notification when a program is executed from the desktop. It doesn't look like I have it at all. Is there a setting I need to adjust somewhere. Other than that, and the fact that evolution doesn't work at all, I like this release (especially with the new file selector patch mentioned earlier today). Thanks.

Pete