Re: Debian Sid/Unstable PrerequisitesDebian Sid/Unstable Prerequisites

The following is a complete list of packages needed to compile
everything under "garnome-0.27.0/gnome". If I've missed anything, please
let me know :)
Posting above the quoted list for readability's sake (it's a long list!)

I have just installed all of these dependencies prior to attempting (again) to compile this (despite the kind offer of a deb repository, I'm now curious to know if it can/will work).

Anyway, since I still have Synaptic open, wanted to inform you of what seem to be some name changes in some of these dependent packages. I am not a developer, so I don't know if these are different packages, or new names for upgraded packages, but they were all I found in the repository, and I hope to make it easier for other (even newer) users who may not be used to searching the repository for the files they need.

bison
docbook-xml
docbook-xsl
flex
gcc
gettext
make
openjade
openjade seems now to be called openjade1.3, with another choice being openjade with a version number of 1.4devel1-12. If one should be chosen above the other, please advise (I'm going for 1.3).

patch
texinfo
xutils
valgrind
zip
pilot-link

libpng3-dev
libjpeg-dev
libjpeg-dev appears now to be called libjpeg62-dev

libtiff-dev
libtiff-dev appears now to be called libtiff3g-dev

libncurses5-dev
xlibs-dev
libpopt-dev
libdb3-dev
libbz2-dev
zlib1g-dev
libexpat1-dev
libgdbmg1-dev
libgmp3-dev
libpcre3-dev
libsmbclient-dev
libaspell-dev
libgtkspell-dev
python2.3-dev
libopenh323-dev
libpt-dev
libmusicbrainz2-dev
binutils-dev
libltdl3-dev
libapm-dev
libgnome-desktop-dev
libcupsys2-dev
libopenh323-dev
libopenh323-dev appears twice in this list.

libgpgme-dev
libpisock-dev
libreadline4-dev
libsensors-dev
libldap2-dev
libsdl-dev
libsdl-dev appears now to be called libsdl1.2-dev

Whoo-doggie! The dependencies I didn't have installed, plus *their* dependencies winds up being 68 packages to install, totalling 133MB.

If GNOME 2.4 doesn't build after this, I'm going to be a little bit cheesed off :-). Wonder if this will fix my make problems with other programs as well (like Wine)...

Anyway, thanks for making this list, hope this little update helps you in return.

Holly Bostick
Oosterhout, Netherlands

--
Kevin C. Krinke <kckrinke opendoorsoftware com>
Open Door Software Inc.