Re: Problems compiling Nautilus-media: don't know where to find gconftool-2

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 18:43, Giustiniano wrote:
> >  I've another problem: now conficcgure finds gstreamer, but can't find
> > gconftool2, I've browsed the source list from www.gnome.org, but I
> > can't find it: The more alike tarball I've found is gconf-editor,
> > downloaded by garnome, and correctly installed....
> > This is the message from the configure script
> > checking for gconftool-2... no
> > configure: error: You need gconftool-2 to install the GConf schemas
>

> Any idea of where can I find gconftool-2?

It's part of GConf I believe. It should be built and installed
automatically.

What kind of system are you building this on? It _should_ work out of
the box. If working with the GAR system, the correct paths should be set
(like the PKG_CONFIG_PATH) and the configure programs should be able to
find the previously installed things. Assuming you don't change the
install prefix during an install of course.

Cheers,
Jens