compiling Garnome 0.26.1 on a Debian Sarge distribution

In installing gnome-desktop:

- I had to install libsmbclient, which does not appear in the
  dependences;

- gnome-meeting asked for OpenLDAP and SDL, which I installed; however,
  compiling failed with compilation errors, and I skipped gnome-meeting,
  which I probably don't need anyway.

In installing gnome-office:

- I had to remove two final commas in enumeration types, in
  gnome-print-dialog.h, needed by abiword.

I installing gnome-fith-toe:

- the version number for gkrellm (2.1.14) is no longer present on
  http://web.wt.net/~billw/gkrellm/; I had to change it to 2.1.16, and
  add the corresponding checksum;

- a final error occurs when compiling ContentHandler.cpp, needed by
  Galeon (or Mozilla):

ContentHandler.cpp:297: error: prototype for `nsresult
   GContentHandler::PromptForSaveToFile(nsISupports*, const PRUnichar*,
   const
   PRUnichar*, nsILocalFile**)' does not match any in class
   `GContentHandler'
ContentHandler.h:59: error: candidate is: virtual nsresult
   GContentHandler::PromptForSaveToFile(nsIHelperAppLauncher*,
   nsISupports*,
   const PRUnichar*, const PRUnichar*, nsILocalFile**)
make[4]: *** [ContentHandler.lo] Erreur 1
make[4]: Leaving directory
   `/home/src/garnome-0.26.1/gnome/galeon/work/main.d/galeon-1.3.7/mozilla'

While waiting for a solution to this last problem, I will continue with
gnome-power-tools...

--

			Olivier Lecarme