Re: Moronic newbie question

At 07:54 PM 20/10/2003, Benj wrote:
I'm about half way through building gnome 2.4 through gargnome when i
realised installing as root was probably really really stupid.  I'm only
on a modem so how can I rebuild to my home directory without losing the
tarbells I've allready downloaded?  I can see them (as well as bad, root
makefile) under .../garnome-0.27.1/gnome/...  What should I do?

If you want to keep the tarballs, but rebuild everything, removing all cookies and work directories should solve this.

This can probably be done with the following commands in the toplevel garnome directory.

find ./ -name cookies |xargs rm -rf
find ./ -name work |xargs rm -rf

Hope this helps

Luke