Re: PowerTools DISASTER....and pain.

<quote who="Marcin Kowalski">

> Why is this completely evil piece of software in the public domain at
> all (I know it isn't public public, but still)

It's not public domain, it's Free Software (or Open Source). That means that
you can help fix it, and everyone else will benefit.

> I'm all for user based testing but this is completely ridiculous, to
> actually delete filesystem files - is their a greater evil ? It's like
> releasing a piece of code that does a rm -rf on your fielsystem and then
> saying it was only a pre-release... NO Excuse really.

There is an excuse, especially given that it warned you. No software is
perfect, particularly software that is known to be in development. If we
didn't make mistakes, we wouldn't have any software at all.

    "... Of course, compared with Holly Valance, who has beams of light
     shooting from her nipples, it all seems rather quaint now." - Rove
                       McManus on Olivia Newton-John